Monday, December 7, 2009

Day 16 of 40 Days of Prayer

Scripture: Genesis 27

Meditation: In the ancient world, Fathers would give a blessing to their children. The blessing consisted of meaningful touch, words of affirmation, a positive future, and a commitment to their children. Today children need to be blessed by their parents in the same way. Many adults however have missed out on that blessing. But it is never too late to receive a blessing from our Heavenly Father. It is also never too late to give the blessing to your children.
(For a great resource, read Smalley's & Trent's "The Blessing")

Prayer: Father, I know that you have a plan for my life that is greater than anything I can imagine. Help me to trust in your love and desire for me. Help me to show my love to those around me so that I can be a blessing to them.

No comments: