Thursday, December 31, 2009

Day 40 of 40 Days of Prayer

Scripture: 2 Chronicles 16:9

Meditation: As you stand on the threshold of a new year and contemplate all the possibilities that are contained in 2010, please consider the most important 'new year's resolution' you can make. We all probably want to take better care of ourselves; eat better, exercise more, etc. We all probably want to be better disciplined with our finances; save more, spend less on unnecessary stuff, etc. We need to treat those around us better. And our list could go on. But there is an area of life that is fundamental to the success of all these and more; your heart. I don't mean the muscle in your chest that pumps blood, but I mean the core of who you are; your heart. Where is the focus of your heart? To what are you fundamentally committed? In 2010 focus your heart, commit all that you are to pleasing, serving, and following God. Then you'll have the Spirit of God energizing you to set and accomplish 'resolutions' that really matter.

Prayer: God, today I give you my heart. I want to know you, love you, serve you, honor you, and speak of you with more boldness and commitment than I have in the past. I know you are searching for hearts committed to you. I want you to find mine in that condition.

No comments: