Friday, December 25, 2009

Day 34 of 40 Days of Prayer

Scripture: Psalm 103:17-18

Mediation:

“I really don’t have much of a story”

This summer on the mission trip I worked with a Baptist minister who shared his story with me. He then asked what my story is. I refrained from my “I don’t really have much of a story” line. I told him I had grown up with God. I’ve never known life without Him. I told him my parents and grandparents and great grandparents love God. AND I AM SO THANKFUL!

The truth of Psalm 103:17-18 came through loud and clear and I thank God for the blessings I have received and my children are receiving because of those in my family who have been faithful.


But from everlasting to everlasting

The Lord’s love is with those who fear him,

And his righteousness with their children’s children –

With those who keep his covenant and

remember to obey his precepts.

There is motivation in knowing we have a part in the blessing our descendants will receive. His love is with those who fear Him, His righteousness with their children’s children . It has been easier for me to make decisions, to keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts, based on what God wants from/for me because I have seen the fruit of living according to His will in the lives of those who have gone before me. I have been strengthened in unbearable times because I have seen His faithfulness when they have leaned on Him in unbearable times. I have seen the delight and joy of living in the freedom of obedience. The blessing of the self-discipline of commitment to His word is obvious to me. I have no doubt that God hears my prayers just as he does Grandma’s.

Oh, how I want His righteousness to be with my children’s children!

-Connie Monsees


Prayer: Father you have seen every generation from the beginning with Adam & Eve, to that child that will be born the moment before your trumpet sounds to bring everything to your purpose. We know that we are but a moment in history, yet you planned for us to be in this time, in this place, and with this family. Help us to understand that the 'shortness' of our own moment doesn't imply insignificance, but rather help us to make the most of this moment by passing on your righteousness, truth and love to our children and grandchildren. This moment in time, our 'story' can have an eternal significance when we walk with you, and show others the way. Lead us, help us to follow you, and to lead the next generation to love you.

No comments: