Thursday, December 17, 2009

Day 26 of 40 Days of Prayer

Scripture: Romans 16

Meditation: Ever been to Moe's Southwest Grill? If you haven't you should go, and not just for the food. When you walk in the door, the entire staff, yells out, "Welcome to Moe's!" It's a great experience being greeting like that. That should be the same feeling we each get when we come together as a family. To be welcomed with an enthusiastic greeting that communicates love and acceptance is so important in a world that is too self-absorbed and competitive to even notice you most of the time. We need to learn to give that kind of greeting to each other, all the time.

Prayer: Father, thank you for noticing me, accepting me, and loving me. Help me to communicate that same attention and love when I see my family. Help me to greet them with genuine enthusiasm and love.

No comments: